Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Discussion: Congressional Committee Records

Driving home today I heard a report on the Senate Foriegn Policy Committee holding a hearing with Paul Wolfowitz on the subject of Iraq. Based on their description and the audio clips in the story, it seems Wolfowitz got a pretty good reaming out. I thought it would be interesting to see the whole story, so I went in search of a transcript of the hearing. To my amazement I have not been able to find it anywhere, save here, where they charge $50+ for access. Did I just miss it somewhere? I suppose it possible that it hasn't been entered into some website yet since it's still the same day of the hearing. But if that is not the case, I will be mightily dissappointed with the government and our media news outlets. In this day and age of instant access to information it should be a given that something as important as Senate hearings is released for free in its full form to the internet. The other surprising part of this is that aside from NPR's report, this story doesn't seem to be covered by any other media outlets that I can find. I guess they're too busy filling us in on the Kobe Bryant story... Maybe you guys will have better luck finding this than I did.

No comments: